After the war Trevor Jones started as a sole practitioner Accountant in Splott at 29 Splott Road, Cardiff. In 1953 Lynn Roblin from a Canton family joined him in partnership trading as Jones & Roblin. In 1964 Mr Jones retired and the firm became Roblin & Company Chartered Accountants with John Roblin ex-Newport RFC centre becoming a partner. Shortly after this as the practice expanded the office was extended to the premises above 31 Splott Road.
For many years the firm continued as general practitioners with a wide and varied clientele including sole traders, limited companies, club audits, builders, industrial clients and professionals in Cardiff and South Wales generally. In that period the partnership also did liquidation and receivership work. The business became well established and independent.
In 1991 Lynn Roblin’s son Tony joined the Partnership having trained in London and the following year Lynn Roblin retired.
In 1993 Mr Andrew Prankerd whose family came from Splott and who trained and qualified with Peat Marwick Chartered Accountants in Cardiff became a partner. John Roblin retired in 1997.
In August 2005 the firm undertook a major reorganisation and moved to new modern purpose built offices in Pentwyn being part of an office complex with on-site parking and good transport links.
In 2006 Roblins acquired the Accountancy practice of David Roblin on his retirement. David is Tony’s uncle, so maintaining a family link and tradition.